Fiber cement, vinyl, and wood siding are all popular options to protect your home’s exterior—but have you ever considered the benefits of engineered wood?
LP SmartSide is the industry leader in engineered wood siding. Their top-rated SmartSide products offer unbeatable durability, lasting beauty, and customizable options for your Kansas City home.
What Is LP SmartSide Made Of?
LP SmartSide is made from engineered wood—a layered product that binds natural wood with manufactured materials to create siding that offers lasting strength and protection.
LP’s SmartGuard process treats each strand of wood with a proprietary combination of zinc borate, resins, and waxes to create durable boards. Here’s a look at each element of the SmartGuard process:
- Zinc borate—This naturally derived additive helps your panels resist damage from fungal decay and termite damage.
- Resins—Marine-grade resin is applied to your boards to provide incredible strength against heavy impacts and fluctuating temperatures.
- Waxes— Waterproof waxes coat each wood strand to create a waterproof barrier that stands up to rain, snow, and humidity.
- Overlay—This final layer of protection provides a guard against moisture and gives your siding boards a polished look.
Which SmartSide Products Does LP Make?
LP SmartSide products aren’t just durable—they are attractive, too! Choose from the following colors, styles, and designs to customize your home.
- Lap siding—Applied horizontally, these panels offer a traditional style that creates a warm, inviting appearance.
- Panel and vertical siding—These boards are applied vertically to generate striking curb appeal and are popularly used to create the trendy board-and-batten look.
- Shingles and shakes—These eye-catching features can create interesting architectural elements for gables or accent walls.
- Trim, fascia, and soffit—Used to protect your home and frame windows, doors, and walls, these small details can also provide a significant visual impact.
LP’s ExpertFinish color collection offers stunning shades applied with factory-finish acrylic latex paint to provide your siding with lasting beauty.
You can also choose to install pre-primed siding, so you can customize your exterior with any paint color imaginable.
Unbeatable Features of LP SmartSide
Aside from its strong makeup and beautiful appearance, LP Smart Siding provides homeowners the following benefits:
- Fewer seams—SmartSide panels come in 16-foot lengths to create minimal seams for maximum protection and attractiveness.
- Quick installation—Since engineered wood is lightweight, LP SmartSide products are easy to install, saving you money on labor costs.
- Low maintenance—LP’s products only need to be cleaned with a soft brush and detergent mixture once a year.
- Industry-leading warranty—LP SmartSide products come with a 50-year limited warranty.
Invest in LP SmartSide Installation for Your Kansas City Home
If selecting siding for your Kansas City home is overwhelming—reach out to a trustworthy local contractor, like Smart Exteriors.
An attentive, skilled contractor will install your SmartSide boards correctly and help you select the perfect combination of styles, colors, and designs to match your exterior.
Discover the homeowner-approved benefits of LP SmartSide installation with Smart Exteriors!